What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages.
They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many services of the information society.
Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their
equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data
obtained can distinguish two types:
- Own Cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information
collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client's browser,
being able to be:
- Session Cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service
requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period
defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical Cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use
of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example, control traffic and data communication,
identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the
buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security
features during navigation, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics
predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language,
the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies:These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze
the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this
type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration
of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements
based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: They allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous
observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising
based on the same.
- Cookies from external social networks: They are used so that visitors can interact with the content
of different social platforms (facebook, youtube, twitter, linkedIn, etc..) and are generated only for users
of these social networks. The conditions of use of these cookies and the information collected is regulated
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options
installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational.
The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu.
You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. You may at any time choose which cookies
you want to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser
installed on your computer:
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser through tools such as the following:
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Duration: 2 years
https://www.omnipack.es/ displays information about its Cookies Policy at the bottom or top of any page of the portal with each login.
Faced with this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the
portal during the current session.
- Modify/customize your settings: You can get more information about what cookies are,
know the Cookies Policy of: https://www.omnipack.es/ and modify the settings of your browser.